- Sufficient for 5-6 0.4 l jars
- Beat the butter with sugar until frothy, gradually add the eggs. Add all the spices and remaining ingredients. Mix baking powder with flour and stir into the egg and spice mixture.
- Grease the jars with oil, fill 2/3 of the dough into the jars.
- Bake at 170 ° C for about 45 minutes.
- Screw the lid onto the hot cake immediately after removing it from the oven!
- Tip: You can e.g., Fold in 4 tablespoons of chopped dried fruits (e.g. orange peel, lemon peel, raisins, cranberries, plums, apricots )
- Or fold in 2 tablespoons of chopped or sliced nuts or almonds.
- The cake can be kept for a maximum of 6 months. When it is opened, it is important that the lid opens with an audible pop.
- The cake can of course also be baked in a mold.