- 3 eggplant (s), thinly peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 onion (s), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper (s), pitted, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon parmesan, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch parsley, smooth, finely chopped
- 5 basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg (s)
- Chilli flakes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- Lavender, optional
- salt and pepper
For the dough:
- Gently sauté the onions, peppers and garlic in a little oil. Add the aubergines and season moderately with salt, pepper, chilli flakes, a little lemon zest and lavender.
- Fry gently until everything is very soft. Drain in a colander and allow to cool. Lightly squeeze the mass and then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in the parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, egg and nutmeg. If necessary, add more breadcrumbs to achieve a malleable consistency. Season to taste with salt. Shape meatballs.
- Prepare a creamy dough using flour, water and salt. Dip the meatballs in it and then bread them all over with breadcrumbs. Fry the meatballs in a little sunflower oil until golden brown.
- Serve with a dip, e.g. aioli. They taste warm, lukewarm, but also very good cold.