- Prepare a meat batter from the egg yolk, breadcrumbs, minced meat and a finely chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper and roll into about 12 small balls.
- Divide the dough into about 12 pieces, roll each into a ball and press flat.
- Now put a ball from the minced meat dough on each piece of dumpling dough, knead the dumpling dough around it so that a round dumpling is formed.
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan, add a little salt. Put the dumplings in the boiling salted water, let them boil briefly and then let them steep for about 20 minutes over a low heat.
- Dice the other two onions and fry them with the bacon in a pan.
- Place the finished dumplings on plates and pour the onion and bacon mixture over them. You can also eat sour cream and a green salad.
- The zeppelinas still taste very good the next day if you cut them into slices and fry them.
- They are a Lithuanian holiday dish, very substantial, but super tasty!
- I hope I have specified the ingredients correctly, otherwise do it more by feeling.
- Have fun cooking at home!