- 4 eggs
- 200 g flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 300 g carrots (finely grated)
- 220 g icing sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 180 g hazelnuts (finely ground)
- 100 g yogurt
- Separate the eggs for this juicy carrot cake. Mix the egg yolks with the mixer until they are frothy and creamy, gradually adding powdered sugar and vanilla sugar.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites into snow. Sieve and mix the flour and baking powder.
- Now carefully fold in the finely grated carrots and the finely chopped hazelnuts as well as the flour, the egg whites and the yoghurt into the creamy egg mixture. Refine with cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture evenly into a 26-inch cake tin lined with baking paper (or greased with butter) and bake in the preheated oven at 180 ° C top / bottom heat for about 45-50 minutes.
- Turn the cake out of the mold, let it cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy.
You can also coat the carrot cake with a cream cheese glaze made from cream cheese, yogurt and icing sugar. Instead of hazelnuts, almonds (ground) can also be used.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!