- 3 kg roast pork, roast chops
- 4 medium carrot (s)
- 6 onion (s)
- 2 small apples or a large one
- 1 bottle wine, red, dry, liter (or a red wine-water mixture)
- 2 tablespoon cranberries, heaped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper, fresh from the mill
- Oil, for frying
- soy sauce
- Whiskey, (malt whiskey)
- Peel the carrots, onions and apples and cut or slice them into fine slices. Layer everything on the bottom of a sufficiently large roaster or baking dish. If necessary, clean the meat. Then cut into two to three pieces, season with salt and brown in a very hot pan. Place on the vegetables in the roaster. Deglaze the roast with some of the red wine and let simmer, pour over the meat. Pepper. Add the cranberries, bay leaves, garlic cloves, soy sauce and whiskey (a few tablespoons to taste). Spread the rest of the red wine generously over the meat.
- Then put the roaster in the oven and cook the meat in the oven at 180 degrees for about 1.5 hours. Drizzle with the gravy over and over again, turn if necessary.
- Put the meat on a plate and cut it open. Put the sauce with the vegetables in a saucepan and puree very finely. If you like, you can keep some of the vegetables and add them to the sauce. If necessary, thicken the liquid a little and season with salt and pepper. If you don`t have to pay attention to calories, you can add sour cream or cream, but you don`t have to be.
- Put what remains of the roast into the sauce and let it stand until it warms up or freeze.
- It goes well with bread dumplings or ribbon noodles and maybe homemade red cabbage.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!