- 2 kg potato (s), waxy
- 250 g beef jerky or streaky bacon
- 200 g onion (s), diced
- 200 g chives, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 g mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon caraway powder
- 1 bottle wheat beer, light, 0.5 l, (preferably Erdinger)
- 2 cups cream
- 200 g cheese (Gouda), youn
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 5 egg (s)
- Breadcrumbs, for the shape and for sprinkling
- 3 tablespoon butter, for the pan
- Butter flakes
- 3 dashes Maggi
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Wash and clean the chives and cut into fine rings. Wash and clean the mushrooms and cut into small cubes. Finely grate the cheese. Cut the beef into fine cubes. Peel the onions and cut into fine cubes. Peel the garlic and cut into fine cubes.
- Let the jerky be translucent in a pan over low heat with a tablespoon of oil. Then add the onions and fry until they are nice and translucent. Sweat the garlic briefly. Add the beer, first 3/4, then shake up so that the yeast loosens from the bottom of the bottle and add the rest.
- Mix 3/4 of the cheese with the cream and eggs in a mixer and season.
- Put the bacon mixture with the potato slices in a large bowl and mix well. Then add the mushrooms, chives and egg mixture. Mix, season again and season if necessary. Then let it steep for about 15 minutes.
- Butter an oval ovenproof dish, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and add everything. Sprinkle on top with a mixture of breadcrumbs, butter flakes and cheese and bake in the preheated oven at 165 ° C for about 1 hour. When a golden-yellow crust has formed on top, the gratin is ready.
- A breaded chop or coarse sausage and a cold top-fermented beer go well with it. Asparagus and a beef steak are also good companions.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!