- 1 cucumber (s)
- 0.5 ½ bunch dill
- 0.5 ½ bunch parsley
- 1 shallot (s)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 egg (s)
- 4 potato (s)
- 20 ml milk
- 50 g diced ham
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- For the cucumber salad, peel the cucumber, cut in half, remove the seeds and the soft parts. Then slice into thin slices, mix with salt, put in a sieve and let stand for at least 30 minutes, better an hour. Pour away the leaked juice. Put the cucumber slices in a bowl and mix with salt and pepper. Mix the sour cream with a little milk until smooth and add to the cucumber slices. Finely dice the shallot and add. Finely chop the dill and parsley and mix in.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into small cubes and cook in salted water until cooked. Drain and steam. Add a little milk, salt and, if you like, butter (I recommend a large amount). Pound everything very finely. Is it too firm to add more milk? Fry the ham cubes until they turn lightly brown, then turn the heat down and fry the shallot, cut into small cubes, until translucent. Add everything to the crushed potatoes, stir in and keep warm.
- For the scrambled eggs, crack open the eggs, season with salt and pepper, add chives and mix well. Put some butter in the pan and prepare the scrambled eggs.
- Arrange the mashed potatoes on the plate, make a well in the middle and add some cucumber salad. Place the scrambled eggs on the plate next to it. Put more of the cucumber salad in a small bowl and serve.
- A simple dish, like my grandmother used to do, that tastes good not only in summer when it is hot.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!