- 2 chicken thighs
- 150 g tomato (s), peeled or strained
- 350 ml water, or chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tuber / n fennel, small
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 stalk lavender, dried
- some oregano, dried
- 1 leaf sage, dried
- 1 pinch (s) Sambal Oelek
- 1 pinch mustard (Dijon)
- 30 g parmesan or other hard cheese
- 2 cup rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mash the tomatoes and mix with the same amount of water or broth and place on the stove top over medium heat. Add the sprig of rosemary, sambal oelek and olive oil. Clean and chop the fennel. Peel and chop the garlic. Chop the basil leaves. Remove stems from dried spices, grate. Give everything. Salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs. Lid on it. Bring to the boil once, then reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Now simmer gently with the lid on for 15 minutes (20 minutes for larger thighs, 30-35 minutes for TK). Make sure that the chicken is either completely immersed in the liquid or that it is turned every now and then.
- Then take the chicken thighs out (they should now be 2/3 through) and place them inside out in a baking dish or roaster and place under the grill or salamander for 7 minutes. Then turn over and grill for another 7 minutes.
- Take the rosemary sprig out of the pot. Put rice in the pot. Stir.
- Bring to the boil on the lowest heat with the lid on, then continue to simmer without the lid. Stir again and again, add liquid if necessary, so that a creamy risotto is created.
- Grate the parmesan into the risotto. Just before serving, season the risotto with salt, pepper and a little mustard.
- When the outside of the chicken is nice and crispy, you can serve it up. Brush the thighs on the top with a little leaked oil and place on a portion of risotto.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!