A sand cake with sour cream and egg filling turns out to be tasty and aromatic. Soft shortcrust pastry, crispy crust, and a very original filling of balls with prunes and nuts, which perfectly sets off the delicate taste of sour cream and egg filling. Despite its unusual appearance, making such a cake is not at all difficult!
- Butter (cold) – 100 g
- Sour cream – 60 g
- Egg – 1 pc.
- Sugar – 80 g
- Flour – 260-270 g (2 cups with a capacity of 200 ml)
- Baking dough – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Sour cream – 300 g
- Eggs – 2 pcs.
- Sugar – 100 g
- Corn starch – 60 g
- Vanillin – on the tip of a knife
- Pitted prunes (soft) – 170 g
- Walnuts (kernels) – 100 g
- Sift the flour into a deep bowl, add a pinch of salt, sugar, and baking powder. We mix.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
- Grind flour and butter into crumbs.
- Then add the egg and sour cream.
- Knead the soft dough (you don’t need to knead for a long time).
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish (I have a mold with a diameter of 22 cm) with parchment. Spread the dough with your hands over the bottom of the mold.
- We form bumpers with a height of about 3 cm from the dough. Place the form with the dough in the refrigerator.
- Preparing the filling: add eggs, sugar, and vanillin to the sour cream.
- And also add starch.
- Mix everything well with a mixer or a whisk. We turn on the oven to heat up to 180 degrees.
- Prepare balls for the filling: combine prunes (soft) with walnuts.
- Grind everything in a blender.
- Form 9 balls from the resulting mass.
- Put the balls on the dough.
- Gently fill it with sour cream and egg filling and send it to an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- When the dough is browned and the filling is completely set, a shortcrust cake filled with prunes with nuts and sour cream and egg filling is ready. We take out the cake from the oven, let it cool slightly.
Enjoy your meal!