- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 2 untreated lemons
- 1 leg of lamb (approx. 1.8 kg, order in advance from the butcher)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg potatoes
- 3 young bulbs of garlic
- Peel and slice the garlic. Wash half of the rosemary, strip off the needles. Wash the lemons and cut into slices. Rub the leg of lamb all around with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and cover with garlic and lemon slices and rosemary needles. Wrap in a plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C. Take the leg of lamb out of the bag and scrape off the marinade. Season the leg with plenty of salt and pepper and place on the drip pan. Pour a cup of water. Fry the leg for 30 minutes (center, fan oven 180 °C) until the skin is colored.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces. Wash the rest of the rosemary and remove the needles from the branches. Halve the garlic bulbs crosswise. Mix the potatoes, rosemary needles and garlic in a bowl with the remaining olive oil.
- Turn the leg of lamb. Put the potatoes and garlic in the drip pan. Fry for another 40 minutes. Then pierce the leg of lamb on the bone: when the roast juice is clear, it is ready, if it is still bloody, fry for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take the leg of lamb out of the oven, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut the meat across the fiber from the bone and serve with the potatoes and garlic.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!