- 2 egg yolks (size M)
- 1 tablespoon medium hot mustard
- 250 g sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional
- salt to taste
- For the mayonnaise recipe, put the egg yolks and mustard in a mixing bowl and stir briefly with the whisk of the hand mixer.
- Stir in about 1/5 of the oil drop by drop until the oil and egg yolk have combined to form a smooth cream.
- Then slowly pour in the remaining oil in a thin stream, stirring constantly, and whip until a thick, creamy mayonnaise is formed.
- Season the mayonnaise with a splash of lemon juice, salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
How long can mayonnaise be kept? Because of the raw eggs, you should consume homemade mayonnaise on the same day or keep it tightly closed in the refrigerator for a maximum of one day.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!