For the dough:
- 240 g flour
- 6 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 150 g butter room temperature
- 130 g of brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 110 ml milk
For the filling:
- 200 g cream cheese double cream setting (room temperature)
- 200 g butter room temperature
- 200 g of powdered sugar sifted
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar
- First, the 150g soft butter with the brown sugar and the vanilla sugar are whipped until frothy.
- Then add the eggs and stir well into the mixture.
- The flour is mixed with cocoa, salt and baking powder in a bowl and then mixed with the milk and stirred into the butter egg mixture.
- Then the dough is spread on a baking sheet. As always, I prefer to do this with an ice cream scoop because the portions are always the same size.
- It is important to leave enough space here, as the dough will run apart during baking.
- With a little water you can smooth the dough with moistened fingers before baking.
- At 180 ° C (convection) they then have to be in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- If no dough sticks on the stick test, you are done.
- Before you can continue with the filling, the whoopies have to cool down completely, otherwise the cream will melt.
- The best way to do this is to let them cool down on a grid so that both sides can dry.
- For the cream, cream cheese is stirred with butter and vanilla sugar until frothy and then the powdered sugar is added.
- The whole thing then has to be whipped again for about 1 minute at the highest level.
- The best thing to do is to spread the filling with a piping bag. Half of the whoopies get a dollop of the filling and the other half is put on top.
- The cream should not be applied too far along the edge, otherwise it will overflow during assembly.
- Incidentally, the cream will be fluffier if you first whip the butter with the sugar until it becomes light and then add the cream cheese.
They should stay in the refrigerator until serving so that the cream stays nice and firm.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!