- 1 small white bread (box white bread)
- 5 medium egg (s)
- 200 ml milk, low-fat
- 0.25 teaspoon ¼ cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar, more if necessary
- 0.25 teaspoon ¼ vanilla extract, OR:
- 1 vanilla sugar, then omit the teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch (s) salt
- Butter, for frying
- Cut the white bread into slightly thicker (approx. 8) slices the evening before. Leave to dry overnight in a slightly opened bag.
- Do not cut the edges. Whisk the remaining ingredients in a shallow bowl. Poke holes in the slices with a fork so the mix can absorb better and faster. Let the slices stand until they are soaked. May take a few minutes. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and fry the bread lightly brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes on each side. If it gets too dark, reduce the heat so that the egg mixture in the middle of the slices can set. Arrange on a warm platter.
- This goes well with maple syrup, honey, fruit spread or chocolate cream. If you want, you can spread some butter on the toast.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!