- 300 g of butter soft
- 180 g of sugar
- 5 medium-sized eggs
- 150 g of wheat flour
- 150 g of ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50 g of cocoa
- 80 g of grated chocolate
- 250 g of chocolate icing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Grease a large box cake tin (approx. 28 cm) and dust with flour. Alternatively, you can also use a springform pan, but the baking time may then have to be adjusted.
- For the dough, beat the softened butter with the sugar until frothy, stir in the eggs one at a time. Slowly add the flour mixed with the almonds, baking powder, salt and baking cocoa; Finally fold in the grated chocolate.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. Make a chopstick test. The cake can (and should) be a little moist inside. Let the cake cool in the pan, then turn it out. Cover with chocolate icing.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?Let us know how it was!